CASE & UserAge User Board
During the period 2007-2017, CASE was funded by the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (Forte). In 2010, CASE User Board was established and was in operation until 2016. In 2018, a new CASE & UserAge User Board was set up at Lund University.
Research programme with and about user participation
Since January 1, 2017, researchers at CASE coordinate a six-year research programme - UserAge - funded by Forte. Other partners are Gothenburg University, Kristianstad University and Linnaeus University.
UserAge focuses on increasing knowledge about user participation in research. An active collaboration with a User Board is therefore vital. The User Board works on behalf of CASE, with a special focus on the UserAge research programme.
Who are the users?
The word "knowledge users" would be more accurate to use in our context. Our research is about involving representatives of all potential users of the new knowledge generated by the research. That is to say, older people and their organizations, family members, health care and social services staff, representatives of government and industry, entrepreneurs, politicians, and others.
Tasks for the User Board:
- Be a forum for dialogue on relevant research issues.
- Provide ideas for future research issues and comment on the present research.
- Encourage knowledge users to participate in basic education on research in the field of ageing and health.
- Contribute to communicating contacts and channels for knowledge dialogue.
- Initiate and participate in activities for communication and translation of research results.
- Communicate information about research externally and within the organizations they represent (ambassador role).
The User Board primarily works with issues related to research within CASE and UserAge. However, the board may also undertake assignments for other relevant projects, both internally at Lund University and externally.
The User Board consists mainly of older people and representatives of various senior citizen's organizations, family members/carers and patient organizations. Representatives of other categories of knowledge users can also be included. Besides the Chair, the User Board consists of 5-6 persons in a core team.
Diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, variations of functional capacity and geographical distribution in the south of Sweden are factors considered when board members are appointed.
Extension of network
The core team can be extended by members with particular interest in a certain project or theme. These "satellite groups" will be summoned depending on the meeting agenda and the issues to be discussed. In this way, a network of people is being created, useful in a variety of activities, projects and events. In addition, CASE interacts with an extensive user community of more than 500 interested persons.
- Are you interested in the knowledge developed by the researchers at CASE?
- Do you have any comments on our research?
- Do you have any suggestions for new research that needs to be done?
- Do you want to participate in research projects?
- Do you want to help communicating research results?
- Do you want to know more about what it may mean to collaborate with researchers as a knowledge user?
Tel: +46 46 222 1940
E-mail: Susanne [dot] Iwarsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Chair of User Board
E-mail: 043512616 [at] telia [dot] com
Tel: +46 46 222 1978
Cell phone: +46 727 142200
E-mail: erik [dot] skogh [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Tel: +46 46 222 1873
Cell phone: +46 730 81 57 88
E-mail: ingrid [dot] hilborn [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se